We understand that the health and well-being of our students, audiences, volunteers, artists, renters and staff is vital. And, we believe that live performances can enhance one’s well-being and contribute to a meaningful and enjoyable life.
That’s why we’re taking steps to reopen the theatre following guidelines provided by municipal and county health organizations. To help ensure good health for all, we’ll continue to monitor and reevaluate the latest COVID-19 information and update our policies as needed. We’ll post updates on our website and social media pages. Everyone who visits our theatre will be asked to follow these policies. We know that by working together, we can keep our environment healthy for everyone who wants to keep performing arts in their lives.
Events will be announced when confirmed. Due to capacity restrictions and physical distancing requirements, seating will be limited and look different this season. However, we will be able to gather again, just at a bit more of a distance!
Here’s how we’ll be working together to maintain a healthy environment:
- Calendar of Events – Performances and events will continue as scheduled unless otherwise directed by public health officials or school district administration. Please check our website, southmilwaukeepac.org, and Facebook page for updates.
- Tickets, Cancellations & Refunds – Advance tickets will be sold via our website, southmilwaukeepac.org or by phone, (414) 766-5049. Tickets may be purchased at the Box Office one hour before show time. Tickets are non-refundable except when a show is cancelled and not rescheduled. If a show must be cancelled due to community health or other unplanned reasons, patrons will be notified by phone and email. If the policy varies, it will be posted on our website show specific.
- Physical Distancing – Audience capacity will be restricted to allow for physical distancing. This means that every other row in the house may be closed and patrons will be asked to leave two seats between each household group. Capacity may change in accordance with health department requirements. Signage will be posted and announcements will be made periodically asking patrons to maintain physical distancing.
- Masks – Wearing a mask will be required for all visitors and staff. A limited number of masks may be available for $1 at the box office while they last.
- Hand Sanitizer – Sanitizer dispensers will be available in the lobby and throughout the theatre offices and backstage areas.
- Cleaning and Disinfecting – Theatre, restrooms and backstage areas will be cleaned and sanitized before and after each event.
- Show Programs – Programs must be single use only. Renters may provide a digital program to be uploaded to our website.
- Concessions – Food may not be sold or carried in. Bottled water is allowed.
- Doors – Theatre doors will open approximately 45 minutes before show time to allow for more seating time. Patrons will be encouraged to take their seats upon arrival.
- Live Streaming – A live streaming option is being considered to accommodate patrons who are unable to attend in person. Live streaming may not be available for all performances. Renters who choose to livestream events will be required to ensure that their content has the appropriate licensing needed.
SMPAC staff appreciates your cooperation and support as we navigate through this challenging and uncertain period. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.